Featured Post

Spy Horror: The Betrayal Narrative

The Betrayal Narrative Graham Swanson to B. I – Storm Wayward Storm grunted under dim fluorescent lights. Blue glow from three monitors turn...

Monday, August 17, 2026

Film Review: Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead

Film Review
 Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead


 


This film would've fit nicely along with the other Chicken-Horror experiments here, but it's so damn over the top with it's gross outs that the only responsible thing to do is warn anyone from showing it to their friends. 

Take away the gross outs, and what you have left is watchable. As it stands, the film wastes no time getting into the heart and stomach of the audience. Once there, it begins it's mischief. It looks like a B movie from the 70s, it's got musical numbers, but I can't for the life of me determine who this film is meant to be for. I've come to the conclusion that it's just a prank to play on unsuspecting people who don't know what they are about to witness. 

It's not the blood, not the love making, it's not the chickens, it's not even the anti progressive slant, it's the shit scenes. The shit scenes. That's exactly what they are and they linger with me even as I try to sanitize my mind by writing this review. They are exactly what they sound like and they go on for ages. I guess that's the appeal of a Troma film.They "go there" wherever other fim makers fear to tread. 

I stopped at the shit scene because it was repulsive and offensive. A overweight man drops his trousers and goes to the bathroom with the camera in the toilet. Nothing is left to the imagination in the diarrehea nightmare that comes after. It goes on for ten minutes if its ten seconds long. It went on and on. The joke is clearly on me, and it wasn't going to get better. 

This movie is not a 0 out of 10. It is a solid 1. It's a real film that someone crafted. If not for the gross outs, what we'd have is a decent B grade Chicken Horror film. I wanted to like this film, but if I wanted suck this kind of thing up then I would've gotten a job in the sewer. 

This movie is for the movie fan that is bored of everything out there right now, and needs something pungent and not afraid of controversy. 


Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEA5R0XHOQ

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462485/

No comments:

Post a Comment